In Singapore, it is not hard to have different pests in your house. There are many annoying pests that might be living in your area. Unluckily, pest control is not an easy task. And for you to control the pests, you need to act fast to avoid bigger problems with the huge infestation. If you are not aware of an effective pest control, the pests can easily spread to other parts of your house or business.
One thing we all hate is waking up at night and finding our kitchens counter-invaded by cockroaches or walking to your business in the morning and finding rat dropping on desks, counters, tables, and seats. Also, if you have bedbugs in your bed, you might be having the worst nights due to continues itching. Generally, pests are a nuisance and can disturb you from the morning to evening. Even though pests are a nuisance, there are some fun facts on many common home pests that you might not be aware or heard. Below are interesting facts about common home pests.
1. Rats â€“ you will find rats in every country around the world. However, they are some of the most annoying pests you can have in your home. Apart from destroying books, clothes and important documents, they can spread diseases. Rats always compete with people for something to eat. On the other hand, rats are social and so loving. They love domestic animals and like to be close to them and humans as well. In fact, rats are the most used animals in scientific-laboratories.
2. Mice â€“ mice are just like rats. They are some of the dangerous pests you may have in your house. They are destructive and can easily transmit diseases that include Salmonella and Leptospirosis. Their constant dribble of urine infects food and feedstuffs. But one interesting fact about mice you might not know is that they night-time animals. This means that they do not like the light because of their poor eyesight. However, they have a good scent of hearing and smell. This means they can smell or hear humans even in long distances. Also, mice tails can grow very long, just like their bodies. They are capable of eating more than 15-times in a day.
3. Cockroaches â€“ Most people especially women are afraid of cockroaches. Even though they do not bite, they can mess most of your stuff. But are you aware that a cockroach lives in 7-days without a head? During the day, it might be hard to see a cockroach because they spend most of their time in cracks and crevices. This is because they are night-time animals. A cockroach can also hold its breath for around 40-minutes, and live under the water for more thirty minutes. They can also run up to 3-miles within an hour.
4. Housefly â€“ one of the most annoying pests around the world is a housefly. They are very dirty and are capable of transmitting various diseases. But did you know that a housefly has no mouth, just an eating tube? Also, houseflies can travel for more than ten miles from their birthplace. Also, even though a housefly wing can beat a thousand miles per minute, it can only travel for 5-miles an hour. Also, we all know that a housefly has a compound eye. And the interesting fact is that the eye has 4000-lenses that offer a wider view-angle.
5. Spiders â€“ Even though spiders might not be common, they are some of the most dangerous pests you can have in your home. There are more than 30,000-spiders species around the world. And out of the 30,000 species, twenty-seven of them can cause human death. And one interesting fact is that some male spiders can pluck the cobweb-like a guitar to attract a female spider.
6. Fleas â€“ another hurting pest is a flea. But did you know that fleas can jump around 130-times its original height? A flea is an insect that passes 4-life stages that include the egg, larva, pupa, and adult. It lives for around one-hundred days. Fleas are known for biting, and they feed on blood. A female flea is capable of laying more than 2,000-eggs in her entire life.
7. Ants â€“ one fun fact about ants is that they do not sleep. And if a queen dies, all the ants in a colony will die since there will new workers. In history, there was one ant colony that covered over 3750-miles or 6000km in length. Among the insects, ants are the luckiest ones because they live the longest. They can live for thirty years. And in the entire animal kingdom, there are certain ants that can move the fastest.
8. Bedbugs â€“ bed bugs are known for their hiding. It is not easy to spot a bed bug. They hide in cracks and crevices during the day and come out during the night. They feed at night. When night comes, bed bugs come out to feed on humanâ€™s blood. But they can only bite you when you are asleep.
Why is it important to hire professionals for pest control?
There are so many reasons why you need to involve professionals for pest-control services. First, professionals will always get rid of the pests the right way. They have skills, tools, chemicals, and ability to remove all the pests in your home. They offer reliable services and have numerous techniques to ensure the pests do not come back to your house. Some of the main benefits of choosing professional pest-control services include:
â€¢ Professionalism â€“ they have technicians who undergo severe training to make sure they offer the best services to their clients. This means the staffs are capable of controlling pests in your home and office.
â€¢ Dependable â€“ since they are experts, getting rid of pests such as bed bugs, rats or fleas is not a difficult task. They also have the skills and tools to handle any pest â€“control project.
â€¢ Affordable â€“ even though there are many home-strategies to control pests at your home, pest-control experts are affordable and they work is reliable.
â€¢ Quality services â€“ if you have pests in your house, all you need is quality services to get rid of them. By engaging professional, you can be assured of high-quality services.
Singapore is an attractive country but if your house is filled with rats, fleas, and flies, it can be very annoying. They can put your life and your familyâ€™s life in danger. Killing a rat will not solve the problem, you need a proper pest-control method to prevent future infestations.